Last updated and effective as of: 1st October 2020
What Is Personal Information?
Personal information you give us: We collect personal information that you provide to us on our Sites, such as when you:
- provide your email address to sign up for one of our newsletters (“Newsletters”),
- provide your contact information and submission in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion,
- provide us information about your interests, how to contact you and your feedback when you sign up for our Newsletters
- provide your email address, company, shipping address, billing address, phone number and payment information to purchase our products, or services, or
- provide us your name, email address, image and custom message in connection with a request, inquiry or comment.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Maxx Group may collect personal information like name, telephone or cell phone number, email address, date of birth, home address, and details regarding your mode of payment, e.g., credit/debit card or account information, when you access certain areas of the Site that require registration or payment for products and services, or if you require more information about those services. Under certain laws, such as the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), personal information may also include video, photos, voice, geo-location or GPS location data, and persistent identifiers like third-party persistent cookies, IP addresses that may be used to recognize users over time, and across different web sites or online services.
At other times, Maxx Group may collect information that cannot be used to directly identify you, such as browser access times, referring URLs, dynamic IP addresses and similar non-personally identifiable information. For example, we may collect and aggregate non-personal information about you and other customers who visit certain areas of our Site. Aggregated information will not contain any information that can be linked directly back to you.
How Maxx Group Collects Personal Information (Cookies)
Maxx group may also collect additional information from your web browser each time you visit our Site. We may collect information on the pages that you visit, the promotions or advertisements that you click on, and log or track other actions that you take while using our Site.
Our Internet Service Providers (defined below) may also use other standard web-based technologies to analyze your movements while accessing our Site. The technologies include analytic solutions, third-party analytic cookies, web “beacons,” “pixel tags,” and “clear gifs.” These technologies help us ascertain the effectiveness of our product and service campaigns and marketing programs, allow us to customize the services offered on or through our Site, and help determine the best use for Site content, and product and service offerings. Some of this information, including the IP address, may be stored on our Internet Service Provider’s or other third-party server logs, and may be available for extended periods of time.
Personal Information from Third Parties: We may also collect personal information from third parties in order to enhance your experience on our Sites, operate our business, and provide our products and services to you. For example, we may collect personal information from our service providers, such as payment processors, point-of-sale providers, and e-commerce platforms, in order to fulfil your purchases with us. If you choose to interact with us on social media, we may collect personal information about you from your social media account that you make public or share with us, in order to communicate with you and better understand your interests and our services. We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources to supplement the personal information we maintain in our systems.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Process, fulfil, and ship products, or services you purchase or request;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, Sites or other content;
- Communicate with you by email, regular mail, telephone or mobile device about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or from other third parties;
- Develop and deliver our Newsletter to you;
- Tailor your user experience;
- Develop and display third-party content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Sites;
- Develop new and improve existing Sites, products, content and services;
- Conduct surveys, sweepstakes, contests and other promotions;
- Manage our business;
- Develop new products, content and services
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection;
- Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity;
- Enforce and carry out our Terms and other agreements; and
- Comply with legal obligations.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information in the following ways:
- With the third party or third parties that perform(s) maintenance and operation of the Sites on our behalf;
- With other third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf. For example, we may share personal information with payment processors and shipping providers in order to fulfil your purchases and orders with us. We may also share personal information with third parties who help us to communicate with you about our products and services, including to deliver advertisements and other marketing communications;
- As required by a court or government agency or to respond to a claim by you or a third party;
- As part of or in connection with an actual or potential corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, financing, sale, corporate change or insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership; and
- As you may otherwise request or agree.
Children and Data Collection
Our Sites are not directed at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 13 or from other websites or services directed at children under the age of 13. Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (“COPPA”), Maxx Group will not knowingly request or collect personal information from any child under age 13 without obtaining the required parental consent.
PERSONAL INFORMATION CORRECTIONS AND UPDATES
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND STORES
How You May Access and Change the Information that Maxx Group Collects
You may request to view your personal information or delete or modify incorrect parts thereof by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that we may be required to decline your deletion request, or only honor your deletion request after a certain period of time, for business or legal reasons. In response to a deletion request, we may delete the personal information or deidentify/aggregate the personal information so that it can no longer be reasonably connected to you. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We reserve the right and may be required by law to verify the identity of any person making a request to access, modify or delete personal information; provided, however, that we will have no liability of any kind resulting from false or erroneous requests by you or any change or deletion made in accordance with your request.
Where you provide your email address to Maxx Group through the Sites, we may send you commercial emails in order to deliver the Newsletter, to provide you with more information about available products you have purchased, and to provide you with updates, special offers, and other information, including but not limited to Site updates. You may unsubscribe from these commercial emails or from receiving our Newsletter at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in any email or by contacting Licensing Matters Global via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the email provided. If you request to opt out of promotional communications, please note that we may continue to send you non-promotional communications via telephone or email, such as communications related to any business we may have with you or other transactional emails.
How You May Opt-Out
If consent has been given, Maxx Group may also send you marketing emails or contact you with details of other products or services we think may be of interest to you. Following consent to receive marketing communications, you may opt out at any point. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact email@example.com
How You May Have Your Information Erased
You may request and receive confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed and for what purpose. You may also request that your personal data be erased and that we refrain from sharing your information. Requests may be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have subscribed to our marketing database but are inactive (do not open or click on a link within our email communications) for 152 days or longer, we will automatically remove you from the database.
Data Privacy For California Residents
Under California law, as of January 1, 2020, you are entitled to ask if we have records of your personal information, what that information may be, and to have it deleted from our records. If you want to make such an inquiry, please complete the request form.
General Information and Privacy Support Contact